Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- CREAM CHEESE SPREAD:
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- Dash ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the egg, brown sugar, milk, carrots and vanilla. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top of pancake; cook until second side is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the milk, vanilla, cream cheese and confectioners' sugar ; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a small bowl; sprinkle with cinnamon. Serve with pancakes.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 443 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 499mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein.
Feb 13, 2011
These pancakes were so delicious! I pureed the carrots instead of shredding them and also used whole wheat flour. The cream cheese spread was amazing! I also topped these with whipped cream.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.