Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- CREAM CHEESE SPREAD:
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- Dash ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the egg, brown sugar, milk, carrots and vanilla. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top of pancake; cook until second side is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the milk, vanilla, cream cheese and confectioners' sugar ; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a small bowl; sprinkle with cinnamon. Serve with pancakes.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 443 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 499mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein.
Nov 30, 2019
Made these for my granddaughters and they loved them. I substituted almond milk for the milk (due to both of them being allergic to dairy), used whole wheat flour and left out the nuts. I didn't make the cream cheese spread, again due to allergies. They are already asking me to make them again. Thank you for the great recipe!
Feb 13, 2011
These pancakes were so delicious! I pureed the carrots instead of shredding them and also used whole wheat flour. The cream cheese spread was amazing! I also topped these with whipped cream.