Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- 2 cups finely grated carrots
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup well-drained crushed pineapple
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional chopped nuts
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add the eggs, oil, carrots and vanilla; beat until combined. Stir in pineapple, coconut and nuts.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, beat cream cheese and butter in a small bowl until fluffy. Add the confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth. Frost cake. Sprinkle with additional nuts. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 819 calories, 49g fat (12g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 346mg sodium, 91g carbohydrate (72g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 17, 2020
Very delicious- easy to follow instructions and yummy ??
Sep 17, 2019
My first time using this recipe used only 1 cup,of oil, and one cup,of sugar. Omitted the pineapple and coconut. Also added cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and nutmeg. Came out great
Aug 19, 2019
I reduced the sweetness by using unsweetened shredded coconut. The cake came out perfect.
May 18, 2019
added a little extra carrot and no pineapple
May 15, 2019
Awful. Not actual carrot cake ingredients whatsoever. Pass.
Apr 16, 2019
Delicious and moist cake! I added lemon zest and TB of lemon juice to frosting.
Apr 2, 2019
Wonderful cake!! Thanks Joanna, I wanted to do cupcakes too, now I will. Family member is allergic to nuts, now I can make her some w/out nuts.
Apr 1, 2019
I didn't change a thing...I give every recipe one chance before changing! This is the most luscious, moist, chewy cake I have ever made and I'm 70 years young! EVERYONE has a fit over this. It is the perfect make-ahead because it is better the next day. (But you have to hide it or it will never see the next day!)
Jun 27, 2018
Excellent cake. Very moist and tasty. I used muffin cups and reduced the oil to 1 cup. It came out delicious
Feb 22, 2018
I don't know where this recipe originated but it was the same one my mother got from my grandmother....I use applesauce instead of the oil.....my grandmother also made a syrup of orange juice and other ingredients to pour over the warm cake....before it cooled then frosted it.....wonderful.....