Best Carrot Cake
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the sugars, oil, eggs and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended. Stir in the carrots, pineapple, raisins and walnuts.
- Transfer to a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until fluffy. Beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Frost cake. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 621 calories, 32g fat (6g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 235mg sodium, 81g carbohydrate (60g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Jan 21, 2017
Very moist and delish.
Dec 1, 2015
Wonderful recipes look forward to trying them I rate it five stars
Sep 12, 2015
The cake came out moist and delicious. Be warned, though, this cake is DENSE. I couldn't believe how heavy it was when I picked it up. A tiny slice is all you'll need.
May 8, 2015
My Mother's recipe was a lot like this one. The only difference was that she would soak the golden raisins in rum until they plumped up and then add them in, along with the carrots, pineapple and walnuts.
Mar 31, 2013
This is absolutely the BEST carrot cake I have ever had. Even my husband is eating it, and he hates carrots. Its perfect the way it is.....not much left of it now, but will definitely make it again.
Mar 13, 2011
I'm not a carrot cake fan, but this cake is the absolute BEST cake I've ever had! SUPER moist!!! A huge hit at our family gathering!!! I will ONLY use this recipe when I need to make a carrot cake again. Thanks for sharing!
Dec 23, 2010
Absolutely the best carrot cake I have ever eaten. I just made this cake for a family Christmas party and it was a huge hit! I followed the recipe exactly and would not change a thing. YUMMY!!!
Aug 7, 2009
This was Truly the best Carrot cake I have ever made !!!