Carrot Raisin Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- Toss raisins with 2 tablespoons flour; set aside. In a large, beat the brown sugar, oil and eggs until well blended. In another large bowl, combine the baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and remaining flour; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended. Stir in carrots and reserved raisins.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake at 325° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in orange juice and vanilla. Gradually add confectioners' sugar; beat until light and fluffy. Spread over cake. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 516 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 411mg sodium, 77g carbohydrate (61g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Apr 10, 2012
This cake is delicious! I used whole wheat flour and no one even noticed the difference. YUM!~ Theresa
Feb 25, 2012
Excellent cake. I tasted the frosting at 3 cups and thought it was sweet enough so I stopped at 3 versus 3 3/4 cups.
Oct 30, 2011
I made this the other day for my Dad's birthday party. Everyone absolutely loved it. Very easy to make.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.