Carrot-Cranberry Spice Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup grated carrots (about 2 medium)
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, brown sugar, oil and cranberry sauce until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cloves; gradually beat into cranberry mixture. Stir in carrots.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 358 calories, 15g fat (1g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 248mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Nov 29, 2019
Great cake- perfect for our Thanksgiving meal. I made according to directions other than subbing gluten-free flour. The cake is more of a pound cake texture but that could have been due to the flour change. Overall I would make it again, it just wasn't as moist as a typical carrot cake. I like a firm cake so it was a hit for us!
Nov 6, 2018
easy to make. comes our perfect