- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, oil, buttermilk, sugar and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into egg mixture until blended. Stir in the pineapple, carrots, raisins, nuts and coconut.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In another large bowl, combine frosting ingredients; beat until creamy. Frost cake.
1 piece: 599 calories, 29g fat (11g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 378mg sodium, 81g carbohydrate (62g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.