Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 65 min. + chilling
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/3 cups chopped carrots, cooked and pureed
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a small bowl, combine crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugars until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the cream, cornstarch, sour cream, vanilla, lemon juice and cinnamon. Fold in carrots.
- Pour into crust. Place pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan. Place in a larger baking pan. Add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes until center is just set.
- Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over filling. Bake 7-10 minutes longer. Remove pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 398 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 298mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 15, 2019
This was the first cheese cake i made and it was a smash hit with everyone. It was so good. Thank you for the recipe.
Oct 17, 2019
Has anyone tried to convert this so you can make in a instant pot?
Nov 20, 2018
This cheesecake has been a favorite of my family every since I first tried the recipe over 10 years ago after finding it in my Taste of Home subscription. My sister in law even requested I make this for her birthday cake. Thank you Misty (Mommy of Three) for sharing this delicious recipe!!!! Teresa - Skiatook, OK (Tulsa area)
Apr 23, 2018
Just cut into it and it was a good cheesecake. Not enough carrot flavor though. Not one of those recipes you get that WOW factor from.
Nov 3, 2017
I request this as my birthday cake every year ~ I love it!
Feb 14, 2016
I am leaving a 5 star review on this recipe because not only did I think it was really delicious, but I am also the one who made and submitted this recipe - so it means a lot to me. Thank you everyone for the great reviews it means so much and to whom said thank you to me, you are so very welcome! Misty WellmanNow in Houston, TX and a mommy of three
Apr 12, 2015
Excellent, my family loved it! I omitted the streusel topping and baked liked a normal cheesecake. It took closer to 75 minutes to bake and I let it sit in an open oven for 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool. It was the perfect consistency.
Feb 2, 2014
My mom made this for me and my husband's 30th birthday party. It was good and was gone pretty fast!! It is a great combination of cheesecake and carrot cake! Recommend to anyone who loves both.
Mar 31, 2013
Pretty good! The streusel topping is delicious- I recommend using cinnamon graham crackers for it too!
Jan 20, 2013