I’ve been making this recipe for more than 40 years. The pancakes are delicious with cheese sauce or sausage gravy. You might even get picky eaters who love pancakes to eat their veggies! —Agnes Landgraf, Hastings, Nebraska
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 3 carrots, shredded
- 2-1/2 cups packed fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, combine all of the vegetables. Stir in eggs; mix well. Combine dry ingredients; add to vegetables.
- Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot well-greased skillet. Spread into 4-in. circles. Cook until brown on each side.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 180 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 507mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Vegetable Pancakes in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.