- 2 large eggs
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 to 4 tablespoons canola oil
- Place the eggs, onion, flour, salt, pepper, baking powder and 1/2 cup potatoes in a blender or food processor. Cover and process on high until smooth. Add parsley and remaining potatoes; cover and pulse 2-4 times until potatoes are chopped.
- Pour 1-2 tablespoons oil onto a hot griddle or skillet. Pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto griddle; flatten slightly to a 4-to-5-in. diameter. Cook over medium heat until golden, 2-3 minutes on each side. Add oil to griddle as needed.
2 pancakes: 159 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 262mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.