Bacon Corn Pancakes
Pancakes are always great in my book. But stir in bacon and corn, and it becomes the best breakfast-for-dinner option. I always cook gluten-free, but you can easily use regular all-purpose flour to make these corn fritters. —Anne-Marie Nichols, Watkinsville, Georgia
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 10 min./batch
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose baking flour or all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 cups rice milk
- 2-1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- Maple syrup
- Preheat griddle over medium heat. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and pepper. In another bowl, whisk the eggs and rice milk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in corn, bacon and onion.
- Lightly grease griddle. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto griddle; cook until edges are dry and bottoms are golden brown. Turn; cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup.
- Freeze option: Freeze cooled pancakes between layers of waxed paper in a freezer container. To use, place pancakes on an ungreased baking sheet, cover with foil and reheat in a preheated 375° oven until heated through, 5-10 Or, place a stack of three pancakes on a microwave-safe plate and microwave on high until heated through, 45-90 seconds.
Nutrition Facts3 pancakes: 318 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 868mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 16g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.