Apple-Cheddar Pancakes with Bacon
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 large apples, peeled and shredded
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Butter and maple syrup, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and milk until blended. Add biscuit mix and bacon; stir just until moistened. Fold in apples and cheese.
- Lightly grease a griddle; heat over medium heat. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto griddle, spreading batter with the back of a spoon as necessary. Cook until bubbles on top begin to pop and bottoms are golden brown. Turn; cook until second side is golden brown. If desired, serve with butter and syrup.
Nutrition Facts2 pancakes (calculated without butter and syrup): 303 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 685mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 19, 2015
We really didn't care for these. They weren't awful like we couldn't eat them, they just tasted a little odd to us. Maybe we're just too used to sweet pancakes.
Oct 5, 2015
What a deliciously different recipe! My husband and I really enjoyed these pancakes with our brunch and I can't wait to make them again!