Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
Makes12 pancakes (1/2 cup honey butter)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- HONEY BUTTER:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Combine the eggs, buttermilk and oil; add to dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, honey and cinnamon. Serve with pancakes.
Nutrition Facts3 pancakes with 2 tablespoons honey butter: 538 calories, 29g fat (10g saturated fat), 140mg cholesterol, 1141mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 26, 2012
We love these pancakes! The cornmeal adds just a touch of sweetness and texture that makes these special.
Oct 22, 2011
Great consistency! I liked the texture the cornmeal added. They were perfect with my plum syrup!
Aug 16, 2011
Excellent pancakes. I like the texture & flavor that the cornmeal adds. I didn't use the butter; I just topped them with blueberries. It's a keeper!