Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
Makes12 pancakes (1/2 cup honey butter)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- HONEY BUTTER:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Combine the eggs, buttermilk and oil; add to dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, honey and cinnamon. Serve with pancakes.
Nutrition Facts3 pancakes with 2 tablespoons honey butter: 538 calories, 29g fat (10g saturated fat), 140mg cholesterol, 1141mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein.
Dec 26, 2012
We love these pancakes! The cornmeal adds just a touch of sweetness and texture that makes these special.
Oct 22, 2011
Great consistency! I liked the texture the cornmeal added. They were perfect with my plum syrup!
Aug 16, 2011
Excellent pancakes. I like the texture & flavor that the cornmeal adds. I didn't use the butter; I just topped them with blueberries. It's a keeper!