Mini-Chip Cocoa Pancakes
For the chocoholic in you, get your fix early by whipping up a batch of hot cocoa pancakes dotted with mini chocolate chips! — Joyce Moynihan, Lakeville, Minnesota
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Powdered sugar and whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk, butter and vanilla until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Coat a griddle with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto griddle. Cook until bubbles on top begin to pop. Turn; cook until second side is lightly browned. If desired, dust with powdered sugar and serve with whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts3 pancakes (calculated without whipped cream): 489 calories, 22g fat (12g saturated fat), 133mg cholesterol, 725mg sodium, 67g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 4g fiber), 12g protein.
Originally published as Cocoa Pancakes in Taste of Home April/May 2013
Mar 17, 2014
These were good, but a little heavy and a little rich for me. Of course my son loved them. He added chocolate syrup as well. (shudder)
Sep 8, 2013
These were delicious and so easy to make!
May 20, 2013