Buttermilk Chocolate Chip Pancakes
At our house, Saturday morning always means pancakes for breakfast. I make the menu special by servings up stacks of these fluffy buttermilk treats studded with mini chips. —Julianne Johnson, Grove City, Minnesota
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Combine the eggs, buttermilk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour the batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle.
- Sprinkle each pancake with 2 teaspoon chocolate chips. Turn when bubbles for on top of pancake; cook until second side is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts2 pancakes: 291 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 487mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Chip Pancakes in Quick Cooking November/December 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.