Chocolate Lover’s Pancakes
These indulgent chocolate pancakes are fluffy on the inside, with a rich but not-too-sweet flavor from the cocoa and a nice tang from the buttermilk. They're delicious with either maple or chocolate syrup—and even better with both swirled together on the plate! —Harland Johns, Leesburg, Texas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Maple syrup and chocolate syrup
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk buttermilk, egg, melted butter and vanilla until blended. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Place a greased large nonstick skillet over medium heat. In batches, pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto skillet; cook until bubbles on top begin to pop and bottoms are golden brown. Turn; cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with syrups.
Nutrition Facts2 pancakes: 271 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 753mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Super choclatey Pancakes in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2019