Chocolate Chunk Pancakes with Raspberry Sauce
Chocolate and raspberries are two of my ideal ingredients, so I pack both into pancakes. I make them in honor of my sister, who adores chocolate. —Katherine Nelson, Centerville, Utah
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
Makes12 pancakes (1-1/2 cups sauce)
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chunks or chips
- Place raspberries, orange juice, lemon juice and sugar in a blender; cover and process until pureed. Press through a fine-mesh strainer into a bowl; discard seeds.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk, yogurt and melted butter until blended. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chunks.
- Lightly grease a griddle; heat over medium heat. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto griddle. Cook until bubbles on top begin to pop and bottoms are golden brown. Turn; cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with raspberry sauce.
Originally published as Chocolate Chip Pancakes with Raspberry Sauce in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.