- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Optional: Maple syrup and sliced bananas
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a second bowl, combine the egg, milk, bananas and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with blueberries. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown. If desired, serve with syrup and sliced bananas.
Can you freeze Banana Blueberry Pancakes?
Freeze cooled pancakes between layers of waxed paper in a resealable freezer container. To use, place pancakes on an ungreased baking sheet, cover with foil, and reheat in a preheated 375° oven 6-10 minutes. Or, place a stack of 3 pancakes on a microwave-safe plate and microwave on high until heated through, 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 minutes.
<b>Editor's Note:</b> If using frozen blueberries, do not thaw.
2 pancakes: 195 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 317mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fruit.