Banana Blueberry Pancakes
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Maple syrup, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine the egg, milk, bananas and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with blueberries. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup and sliced bananas if desired. Freeze option: Freeze cooled pancakes between layers of waxed paper in a resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, place pancakes on an ungreased baking sheet, cover with foil, and reheat in a preheated 375° oven 6-10 minutes. Or, place a stack of three pancakes on a microwave-safe plate and microwave on high for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 195 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 317mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fruit.
Jun 3, 2018
Made this for my 1 year old son and I for breakfast this morning, and we both loved them! I did make a few alterations based on what I had in my pantry and off past experience with pancakes. I substituted buttermilk for the milk and therefore used a total of 1 1/2 cups as well as added 1 tsp baking soda. I only had two bananas, but the taste was perfect; likely because they were very ripe! Because I planned on freezing these, I left a few of them without blueberries and they tasted yummy as well.Also worth noting that my non-wheat-pancake-eating husband thought these were delicious so I ended up not having very many pancakes leftover to freeze.
Mar 27, 2018
brilliant recipe! I loved the article very much. Also, I recently finished an in-depth article on "Are your healthy recipes really healthy?" check out here >> https://nutrinkfoods.com/healthy-recipes-healthy-foods/
Mar 12, 2018
We really enjoyed these pancakes. They were very thick, but still delicious and cooked completely. Next time I might try adding a little extra milk..Edit: The next time I made them I used 1 1/2 cups of soy milk and that seemed perfect to me!
Sep 4, 2017
Great recipe - easy and delicious. I used all all purpose flour since I didn't have whole wheat.
Apr 20, 2017
We have made this many times over and used all kind of different mix-ins. I like the Blueberry Banana or we did Chocolate Raspberry too (I only had raspberries in fridge!). My family and mom loved this recipe as well and requested the recipe. Give it a try!
Jan 27, 2017
These were absolutely delicious! The banana flavor was excellent. Definitely the perfect portion of ingredients. I have used box pancake mix to save time. I just use the Box pancakes mixed with the vanilla extract and fruit. Turns out perfect every time.
Jan 11, 2017
These were so yummy! I used whole wheat graham flour which gave them a really great textural contrast. And I used a few chocolate chips in place of the blueberries. Just a drizzle of syrup is all you need because of the sweet bananas. My 4 yr old loved them too.:)
Nov 16, 2016
Absolutely delicious! Moist, sweet enough to go without syrup. Served with a tablespoon of peanut butter and got rave reviews!
Apr 2, 2016
Didn't use the all purpose flour, just stuck with wholewheat and went for 2 bananas instead of 3 and they turned out delicious. Super fluffy and nice and easy to make!
Oct 12, 2015
Excellent! I used 2 bananas and felt that was just right. I wish that I had mashed them more thoroughly and next time I would add a little cinnamon. Otherwise I followed the recipe and myself and both kids devoured them. Made about 15 medium sized pancakes and took about 30 minutes to cook them all. Quick and delicious!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.