Breakfast Banana Pancakes
“My daughter Karen created these pancakes and they've become a favorite at our house.” Make a batch on the weekend, cool, then freeze. Reheat in the microwave and top with yogurt or whipped topping before serving. Peggy Gwillim - Strasbourg, Saskatchewan
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 small firm banana, finely chopped
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking soda, salt and cardamom. Combine the eggs, buttermilk, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in banana.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 342 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 619mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Banana Pancakes in Healthy Cooking February/March 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.