Buttermilk Blueberry Pancakes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Butter, optional
- Syrup, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and baking powder. Combine the buttermilk, eggs and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon blueberries on each pancake. Turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with butter and syrup if desired.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 250 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 322mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
May 28, 2018
These pancakes were flavorful. The blueberries really shine through. However, I thought the pancakes were slightly tough. They were easy to make and my kids enjoyed adding their own blueberries.
Sep 3, 2016
This was a HUGE winner for us. These cooked up nicely - light and fluffy. A couple changes I made - I used my all-purpose gluten-free flour blend and used olive oil instead of canola. Very simple and delicious!
Aug 19, 2016
Excellent. Might use a few more blueberries for the pancakes. Almost did not have enough. Absolutely delicious and we will have again. I highly recommend this recipe.Volunteer Field Editor
Feb 21, 2013
Very good. Love the blueberries!
Jul 24, 2011
2.5 stars; a mediocre recipe. It would be fluffier if the eggs whites were whipped before folding into the batter. The taste of okay.
Jun 7, 2011
Waste of time and ingredients. Batter was way too thin. I will not be using this recipe again.
May 28, 2011
We make these all the time, my family loves them!!! I make the batter and drop frozen blueberries on top on the griddle since not everyone in my family likes the blueberries...they are awesome!!
Aug 1, 2010
did not turn our light and fluffy.
Jun 13, 2010
Light and fluffy ! Will make again!!! I used frozen blueberries worked out fine!
Feb 28, 2010
Very good- light smooth texture. Both my 2 year old and my husband asked me to make it again!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.