Buttermilk Pecan Pancakes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-2/3 cups buttermilk
- In a large bowl, beat egg yolks and butter. Combine the flour, pecans, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the egg mixture alternately with buttermilk. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 366 calories, 19g fat (6g saturated fat), 149mg cholesterol, 761mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Jun 9, 2019
Delicious pancakes! Thank you for the recipe!! I only changed 1 cup of flour for 1 cup of flour oatmeal, was fantastic!!
Jan 11, 2015
I toasted half the pecans in a small skillet with one tablespoon each of brown sugar and butter. It was awesome. Pancakes are light and fluffy. Will make again!
Aug 1, 2014
So long Crackle Barrel! No longer need to go there for their pecan pancakes, these are sooo much better.
Jun 1, 2012
i didn't bother seperating the eggs and they turned out just fine.
Feb 1, 2008
Thanks for the recipe. Sounds delicious! latinrose