Banana Nut Pancakes
I enjoy these versatile pancakes. Besides being a satisfying breakfast, they can be a deliciously different dessert. —Diane Hixon, Niceville, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup whipped topping
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Mix in whipped topping (mixture will be stiff); set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine pancake mix and sugar. Beat the egg, milk and oil; add to pancake mix and mix well. Fold in banana and pecans.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with cream cheese topping.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 543 calories, 34g fat (12g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 624mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 5g fiber), 12g protein.
Originally published as Banana Nut Pancakes in Taste of Home August/September 1999
Oct 2, 2011
Used sugar coated pecans chopped incredibly fine. It was delicious. For sure keeper
Apr 3, 2011
Great recipe to make with kids. My 2 yr old helped with many of the steps. The results were very tasty!