Banana Blender Pancakes
This mouthwatering recipe is a hit with banana lovers! Whipping up the batter in the blender makes it simple and easy to mix, pour and wash up. Feel free to experiment with different favorite fruits. Serve with butter and syrup. —Lorraine Caland, Shuniah, Ontario
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups 1% milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium banana, coarsely mashed
- Honey, sliced banana and cinnamon, optional
- In a blender, combine 1/2 cup flour, whole wheat flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, milk, egg an oil; cover and process just until smooth. Gently stir in remaining 1/2 cup flour and mashed banana.
- Place a greased large nonstick skillet over medium heat. In batches, pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto skillet; cook until bubbles on top begin to pop and bottoms are golden brown. Turn; cook until second side is brown golden brown. If desired, serve with honey, sliced banana and cinnamon.
Nutrition Facts2 pancakes: 236 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 304mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Banana Blender Pancakes in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.