Banana Hot Cakes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- HONEY PECAN BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Maple syrup, optional
- In a small bowl, beat butter and honey until smooth. Stir in pecans; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, milk, bananas, oil and lemon juice; stir unto dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with honey pecan butter and syrup if desired.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 447 calories, 29g fat (12g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 516mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Feb 21, 2012
The honey pecan butter is sooo good!
Feb 6, 2012
These are seriously good!
Apr 22, 2010
These hotcakes are very yummy! My whole family loves them (which says alot when I have 2 picky eaters, a 4 yrs old and a 2 yr old). The honey butter definately enhances the flavor-make sure you use it!