Lemon-Raspberry Ricotta Pancakes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups cake or all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- Whipped cream, maple syrup and additional raspberries
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk almond milk, ricotta, egg yolks, lemon zest, lemon juice and extract until blended. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. In a clean small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Fold into batter. Gently stir in raspberries.
- Lightly grease a griddle; heat over medium heat. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto griddle. Cook until bubbles on top begin to pop and bottoms are golden brown. Turn; cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with whipped cream, syrup and additional raspberries.
Nutrition Facts3 pancakes: 203 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 254mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 medium-fat meat.
Mar 14, 2017
I made these for breakfast this morning & the first words out of my son's mouth when he took a bite was MMMMMMM! This pancake has the perfect flavor. The raspberry & almond flavor together is a great combination. If you don't like ricotta still make these. You can't taste it! We will never eat "regular" pancakes again!