Berry Ricotta Puff Pancake
This slightly sweet berry puff pancake is filled with fruit and has a custardy texture that puffs up beautifully when baked. It makes an easy yet impressive breakfast. —Jessi Smith, Fort Myers, Florida
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place butter in a 12-in. cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet. Place in oven until butter is melted, 4-5 minutes; carefully swirl to coat evenly.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, process eggs, ricotta, milk, vanilla and lemon peel until blended. Add flour, sugar, baking powder and salt and process until blended. Pour into hot skillet. Top with berries.
- Bake until puffed and sides are golden brown and crisp, 25-30 minutes. Remove pancake from oven; serve immediately with confectioners' sugar.