Apple Puff Pancake
"For a light breakfast, lunch or brunch entree, this fluffy baked pancake is very little fuss," assures Sharon Emery , New Burnside, Illinois. "It's economical too."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup apple jelly
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, combine flour and salt. Add the eggs, milk and butter. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, combine the chopped apple, jelly and cinnamon in a saucepan. Cook and stir until jelly is melted. Cut pancake into fourths; place two pieces on each plate. Top with apple mixture.
Nutrition Facts2 piece: 476 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 236mg cholesterol, 299mg sodium, 79g carbohydrate (52g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Oct 24, 2015
This was very simple to put together for a quick breakfast. It's also a great way to use up apples. It's great with or without the apple jelly. I will be making this again.