Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 35 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers (40-45 crackers)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 cups shredded provolone cheese
- 1 cup chopped salami
- OLIVE SALAD:
- 1/2 cup pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/4 cup pitted Greek olives
- 4 pickled onions
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pepperoncini, stem removed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 garlic clove
- Assorted crackers or baguette slices
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, mix cracker crumbs and butter. Press onto bottom and 1 in. up sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in sour cream and Italian seasoning. Add egg and egg yolk; beat on low speed just until blended. Fold in provolone cheese and salami. Pour into crust. Bake 35-45 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Meanwhile, place olive salad ingredients in a food processor; process until coarsely chopped. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- Remove rim from pan. Top cheesecake with olive salad. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice (calculated without crackers): 267 calories, 23g fat (12g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 526mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein.
Jul 3, 2018
Impressive and Tasty. Sharp and rich at the same time. I halved the recipe for a small group and baked it in an 7" springform pan. Perfect. Next time I will extend the cheesecake taste by adding some of the Olive salad into that mixture as well as on top. My guest were very impressed and curious about this savory cheesecake. My first appetizer cheesecake and this recipes first Review. Volunteer Field Editor.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.