Baby Swiss Appetizer Cheesecake
This beautiful cheesecake appetizer can be refrigerated up to 24 hours before serving, so it's the perfect make-ahead recipe for holidays, game days or special occasions. —Marilyn Edelman, Sabetha, Kansas
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + cooling Bake: 35 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups crushed Ritz crackers (about 36 crackers)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon oil from sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 ounces baby Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, patted dry and thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, mix cracker crumbs and butter. Press onto bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven setting to 325°.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in cream and oil. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Fold in cheese, tomatoes and green onions. Pour over crust. Return pan to baking sheet.
- Bake until center is almost set, 35-40 minutes. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- Remove rim from pan. Serve cheesecake with crackers.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 197 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 176mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Baby Swiss Christmas Cheesecake in Simple & Delicious December/January 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.