Kalamata Cheesecake Appetizer
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min. + chilling
- 1-1/4 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- Halved pitted kalamata olives and fresh rosemary sprigs, optional
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and pecans; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Add egg and egg yolk; beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in chopped olives and minced rosemary. Pour over crust. Return pan to baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Loosen edges of cheesecake from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove rim from pan. Top cheesecake with halved olives and rosemary sprigs if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 slice (calculated without toppings): 142 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 223mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Jul 5, 2014
Incredible flavor combination. The pecans in the crust balanced the saltiness of the olives. The creaminess of the cheesecake brought it all together. Served it at a dinner party to rave reviews and requests for the recipe.
Apr 22, 2012
I didn't like the crust. I ended up using the filling as a spread on crackers and that was pretty good.
Apr 11, 2012
We made this for Easter and it was out of this world. Didn't change a thing.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.