With sugared cranberries and rosemary sprigs, my unique baklava cheesecake makes a grand display for office parties and other special events. —Aryanna Gamble, New Orleans, Louisiana
Total TimePrep: 1-1/4 hours Bake: 50 min. + chilling
- 12 sheets phyllo dough (14x9-in.)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) mascarpone cheese
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed and patted dry
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place one sheet of phyllo dough in a greased 9-in. springform pan, pressing phyllo onto bottom and up sides of pan; brush with butter. Layer with remaining phyllo sheets, brushing each layer and rotating sheets slightly to stagger the corners. (While working, keep unused phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.) Place on a 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- In a small bowl, mix walnuts, sugar and spices; sprinkle over bottom of phyllo. Bake 5-7 minutes or until edges are lightly browned (sides will puff). Cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven setting to 325°.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and mascarpone cheese on low speed until smooth. Beat in honey, milk and flour. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour into crust. Return pan to baking pan.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled. Remove rim from pan.
- For garnish, place corn syrup in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, 10 seconds or until warm. Brush corn syrup lightly over both sides of rosemary. Place on waxed paper; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- If needed, reheat remaining corn syrup until warm; gently toss cranberries in syrup. Place remaining sugar in a small bowl; add cranberries and toss to coat. Place on waxed paper and let stand until set, about 1 hour.
- Just before serving, top cheesecake with sugared rosemary and cranberries.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 351 calories, 26g fat (13g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 178mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Baklava Cheesecake in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2015