Pina Colada Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours + cooling
- 15 shortbread cookies, crushed
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cream of coconut
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 3/4 teaspoon rum extract
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, peeled and cored
- 3 tablespoons apple jelly
- Edible blossoms, optional
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and coconut; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 8-10 minutes or until set and lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the cream of coconut, milk and extract. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 325° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Thinly slice pineapple; arrange on cheesecake. Warm apple jelly; brush over pineapple. Refrigerate until chilled. Just before serving, garnish with blossoms if desired.
Editor's NoteVerify that flowers are edible and have not been treated with chemicals.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 448 calories, 26g fat (16g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 393mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 21, 2020
This recipe has a LOT of potential. First attempt was per the recipe on all ingredients and amounts. It was WAY too sweet. Since the Cream of Coconut is super sweet, I have made attempt 2 and omitted the sugar. It appears the sugar omission greatly affected the texture negatively. I WILL try this recipe once more, but this time I will do the recipe as published, but use Coconut Cream rather than Cream of Coconut, since Coconut Cream doesn't have a ton of added sugar liike the Cream of Coconut does.
Apr 22, 2018
I thought it didn't have much of a flavor to it. I was disappointed......... It was ok but not 5 star!
Apr 14, 2018
Question: What type of shortbread cookies for the crust? I wish there was an amount, I'm assuming there are a lot of different sized cookies out there!
Jan 19, 2015
Excellent, I made it for my niece's bridal shower and everyone left with the recipe!
May 30, 2014
Apr 23, 2014
Cheesecakes are my specialty. Trust me, it doesn't get any tastier than this one. Follow the directions exactly as written. JUST INCREDIBLE!
Feb 27, 2014
Sounds yummy! Will this work for a mini cheesecake version?
Aug 7, 2013
Crust was very good and easy to make. Served to guests and they loved it. The pineapple on top was good, not sure what the apple jelly was for- couldn't taste it at all.
Feb 25, 2013
I getting ready to make it....what do Uthink of using pineapple perserves inplace of apple ?
Dec 6, 2012
I have made this cheese cake every Christmas and it is a big hit.