Pina Colada Icebox Cake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk, divided
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 15 whole graham crackers
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and extract until smooth. Gradually beat in 1 cup coconut milk. Add pudding mix; beat on low speed until smooth. Fold in whipped topping.
- Pour remaining coconut milk into a shallow dish. Quickly dip half of the graham crackers into milk; allow excess to drip off. Arrange in a single layer in the bottom of a 13x9-in. baking dish, breaking to fit as needed. Layer with half each of the cream cheese mixture, pineapple and coconut. Repeat layers. Refrigerate, covered, at least 4 hours before serving.
Test Kitchen tips
Editor's NoteTo toast coconut, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 377 calories, 20g fat (15g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 259mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 7, 2019
We loved this! I also used soy cream cheese and almond whipped topping to make it dairy free.
Oct 23, 2018
Very tasty dessert! We have made it twice this summer for family gatherings and everyone enjoyed it. Definitely toast some of the coconut, it adds a nice depth of flavor and crunch.
Jun 21, 2018
What a wonderful summer recipe! I made this and took it along to a potluck during a campout and it was the hit of the meal. Many requests for the recipe and it was so cool and delicious on a hot summer night. I made it exactly as specified, but I ran out o milk for dipping the graham crackers, so just dipped the few remaining in regular milk. I also used sugar-free vanilla pudding and used about a 1/2 cup more coconut than called for.
May 29, 2018
At first, I was hesitate about making this because it had so many different flavors. I shared the cake with the neighbors and everyone loved it and even asked for the recipe. So easy and fast to put together. Everyone agreed this was a keeper so I will be making this again when I host card club night!!!
May 14, 2018
I made this cake for Mother's Day and it was a hit! Even my husband, who is not a fan of coconut, had three big pieces of it. The delicious creamy filling is offset nicely by the pineapple and toasted coconut. This was simple to assemble and I will definitely be making it again!