Pina Colada Icebox Cake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk, divided
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 15 whole graham crackers
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and extract until smooth. Gradually beat in 1 cup coconut milk. Add pudding mix; beat on low speed until smooth. Fold in whipped topping.
- Pour remaining coconut milk into a shallow dish. Quickly dip half of the graham crackers into milk; allow excess to drip off. Arrange in a single layer in the bottom of a 13x9 baking dish, breaking to fit as needed. Layer with half each of the cream cheese mixture, pineapple and coconut. Repeat layers. Refrigerate, covered, at least 4 hours before serving.
Test Kitchen tips
Editor's NoteTo toast coconut, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 377 calories, 20g fat (15g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 259mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Jun 21, 2018
What a wonderful summer recipe! I made this and took it along to a potluck during a campout and it was the hit of the meal. Many requests for the recipe and it was so cool and delicious on a hot summer night. I made it exactly as specified, but I ran out o milk for dipping the graham crackers, so just dipped the few remaining in regular milk. I also used sugar-free vanilla pudding and used about a 1/2 cup more coconut than called for.
May 29, 2018
At first, I was hesitate about making this because it had so many different flavors. I shared the cake with the neighbors and everyone loved it and even asked for the recipe. So easy and fast to put together. Everyone agreed this was a keeper so I will be making this again when I host card club night!!!
May 14, 2018
I made this cake for Mother's Day and it was a hit! Even my husband, who is not a fan of coconut, had three big pieces of it. The delicious creamy filling is offset nicely by the pineapple and toasted coconut. This was simple to assemble and I will definitely be making it again!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.