Pina Colada Tube Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant coconut cream pudding mix
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 large Eggland's Best eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup rum
- 1 cup drained crushed pineapple
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup cream of coconut
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, oil, water, eggs and rum; beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes. Stir in pineapple. Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, mix 1 cup confectioners' sugar and pineapple juice; brush over warm cake. Cool cake completely.
- In another bowl, mix cream of coconut, rum and remaining confectioners' sugar; drizzle over cake. Sprinkle with coconut.
Editor's NoteTo toast coconut, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 495 calories, 25g fat (5g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 357mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (47g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 6, 2018
This cake is easy to make. I added a little more coconut to the top of the cake. Other than that, it was made according to recipe. This cake is so yummy! The amount of rum is just right. I was asked for the recipe and received lots of compliments!
Jun 5, 2018
Made this cake for Easter and it was a big success with my family.
May 18, 2018
This cake was delicious. My guests loved it, as did my family. For those that said it falls apart when slicing, I would suggest draining the pineapple really really good. You need to do more than just dump it in a strainer. Push and keep pushing the pineapple against the strainer with a large serving spoon. Let sit and then do it again. The pineapple needs to be almost completely dry. Sometimes I even squeeze it in my hand.
Nov 24, 2016
Yes, it was a moist cake, but it crumbled when cutting it. I thought that 1 cup of oil seemed like too much. I would be tempted to cut down on the oil, if I tried the recipe again.
Mar 28, 2016
We LOVE this cake!! It is moist and delicious. The only problem I have is that it crumbles when I cut it -- but, not because it is dry -- maybe because of the pineapple? Does anyone else have this problem?
Jan 17, 2016
This is the most moist and delicious cake I have ever made. I made it for a Christmas get together with friends and it was a huge hit. I will definitely make this again.
Jan 17, 2016
Whole family loved it and especially raved about how moist it was.
Dec 28, 2015
****1/2 Stars. Tasted Good. I was wondering if they used dark Rum? I used Bacardi White. Could not find the brand of Cream of Coconut but local liquor store had COCO REAL. Had some problem with getting crushed pineapple disbursed evenly. Otherwise a beautiful cake.