Lemon Ginger Icebox Cake
Everyone searches for grand desserts that have easy ingredients and minimal effort. My lemony ginger icebox cake is the answer. It’s a holiday lifesaver. —Suzanne Banfield, Basking Ridge, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 jar (10 ounces) lemon curd
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 packages (5-1/4 ounces each) thin ginger cookies
- 2 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and lemon zest until creamy. Beat in lemon curd until smooth. Gradually add cream, beating on medium-high speed until soft peaks form.
- Line bottom of an 8-in. square dish with nine cookies; spread with about 2/3 cup cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers six times. Sprinkle with crystallized ginger. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 521 calories, 31g fat (19g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 340mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Lemon Ginger Icebox Cake in Simple & Delicious December/January 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.