Banana Split Supreme
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + freezing
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup butter, divided
- 24 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 3 to 4 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 quarts vanilla ice cream, softened, divided
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained and halved
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Whipped topping, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, milk, chocolate chips and 1/2 cup butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 8 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool completely.
- Meanwhile, melt the remaining butter; toss with cookie crumbs. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Freeze for 15 minutes. Arrange banana slices over crust; spread with 1 quart of ice cream. Top with 1 cup of chocolate sauce. Freeze for 1 hour. Refrigerate remaining chocolate sauce. Spread the remaining ice cream over dessert; top with pineapple, cherries and pecans. Cover and freeze overnight.
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Reheat the chocolate sauce. Cut dessert into squares; if desired, serve with whipped topping and chocolate sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 540 calories, 29g fat (14g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 284mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (57g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 1, 2016
Can you use half n half instead of evaporated milk? This looks like something that would be great in the summer and easy enough to make ahead of time.
Aug 23, 2011