Banana Sundae Dessert
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + freezing
- 1 package (12 ounces) vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 cups chocolate chip ice cream, softened if necessary
- 4 large firm bananas, sliced
- 2 jars (11-3/4 ounces each) hot fudge ice cream topping, divided
- 6 cups strawberry or cherry ice cream, softened if necessary
- Optional toppings: whipped cream, maraschino cherries, chopped walnuts, banana slices and colored sprinkles
- In a bowl, mix wafer crumbs, melted butter and sugar; press onto bottom of a 13x9-in. dish. Freeze 15 minutes.
- Spread chocolate chip ice cream over crust. Layer with bananas and 1-1/2 jars fudge topping (about 1-1/2 cups). Freeze, covered, at least 30 minutes.
- Spread strawberry or cherry ice cream over top. Freeze, covered, 6 hours or overnight.
- Remove from freezer 10 minutes before cutting. Warm remaining fudge topping; drizzle over top. Serve with toppings as desired.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 piece (calculated without whipped cream and cherries): 550 calories, 25g fat (13g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 224mg sodium, 77g carbohydrate (52g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Aug 21, 2012
So good!! Everyone who loves it!
Jan 31, 2011
Even after leaving cake out for 20 min prior to serving, the bananas were rock hard and many wondered what it was that was preventing their fork to penetrate the ice cream! haha! The taste was ok, but not something I'd make again.
Jul 26, 2010
This was a huge hit with my four kids...
Jul 8, 2009
I made this for July 4th and I've already had several requests for the recipe. When I could not find cherry vanilla ice cream I substituted strawberry and it was delicious.Katydid
Jun 17, 2009
YUMMY! I made this today and we had it tonight after dinner and it was amazing! This one is a keeper for sure.
Jun 15, 2009
anything with ice cream has to be goooood jo