Turn the dessert into a mini banana split by drizzling on warm butterscotch sauce, plus chopped walnuts and a cherry.—Tabitha Allen, Cypress, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 20 vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute the bananas in butter over medium heat for 1 minute. Sprinkle with crumb mixture; cook for 3 minutes or until heated through. Serve warm over ice cream.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 268 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 110mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Banana Delight in Country Woman November/December 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.