Banana Bread Pudding
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 4 cups cubed day-old French or sourdough bread (1-in. pieces)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sliced firm bananas (1/4-inch pieces)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Place the bread cubes in a greased 2-qt. casserole; pour butter over top and toss to coat. In a medium bowl, lightly beat eggs; add milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Stir in bananas.
- Pour over bread cubes and stir to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for about 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, melt butter in a small saucepan. Combine sugar and cornstarch; add to butter. Stir in milk and corn syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat until the mixture comes to a full boil. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in the vanilla. Serve warm sauce over warm pudding.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 439 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 157mg cholesterol, 561mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Sep 7, 2019
Flipkart Lucky Draw Winner 2019, Online Shopping Lucky Winner | Flipkart Shopping Lucky | Snapdeal | Draw | Contest | Winner | Prize | Result | 2018 - 2019, Homeshop18 Lucky Draw 2019, Flipkart Lucky Draw Contact, Snapdeal Online Lucky Draw, Snapdeal Lucky Winner, Flipkart Online Lucky Draw, Snapdeal Lucky Draw Winner, Snapdeal Lucky Draw Contact, Snapdeal Lucky Draw 2019, Flipkart Lucky Draw Winner, Homeshop18 Lucky Draw, Flipkart Lucky Draw Result 2018, Flipkart Lucky Draw 2019, Homeshop18 Lucky Draw Winner, Snapdeal Lucky Draw, Lucky Daily Bumper, Lucky Draw Online, Lucky Win Lotto, Flipkart Lucky Draw, Lucky Draw, Lucky Winner, Flipkart Contact Number, Flipkart Customer Care Number, Flipkart Helpline Number https://www.onlineshoppingluckywinner.com/flipkart-lucky-draw-winner-2019.html
Apr 29, 2019
Made the pudding. I cannot find the ingredients and their measurements for the sauce. It states butter and sugar. But directions also state corn syrup, cornstarch, milk and vanilla
Apr 19, 2018
Made as the recipe stated and it was good, but definitely needed the very delicious sauce to make it really good. Without the sauce it just needed a little something more and I will play around with some additions, but with the sauce it's a keeper.
Apr 15, 2018
I loved this recipe! I made it with old odds and ends of bread I had in the fridge, and over ripe bananas I'd put in the freezer. I used a stick of butter, and mashed the bananas in the milk and egg mixture...my husband and I loved it. Thank you.
Feb 24, 2018
Excellent, and I made it without the sauce, added some extra banana some golden raisins about 1/2 cup and used evaporated milk with water to make up as I do not have fresh milk on hand. Despite my changes came out very yummy.
Aug 6, 2017
Really good - will make again adding more bananas and maybe white chocolate chips. The sauce was delicious!
Nov 12, 2016
THE BEST bread pudding!! I added extra bananas! This was my first attempt, but it will definitely not be my last!
Oct 16, 2016
Very good - especially the sauce. I like that it doesn't take a full stick of butter because I don't like greasy, oily sauces.
Feb 17, 2016
Jan 13, 2016
Bread pudding has always been a favorite in my family. This recipe takes it to the next level for me because of the bananas. Absolutely delicious! Making a second pan with chocolate chips thrown in with the bananas. That was my son's suggestion.