Moist Banana Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
Makes2 loaves (12 slices each)
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (4 to 5 medium)
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine first six ingredients. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, bananas, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in nuts if desired.
- Transfer to two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 230 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 292mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Apr 18, 2018
Have tried many banana breads but this is one of the best. Would recommend this to anyone. A winner for sure! Adding pudding does keep it moist. We love cinnamon so added additional to top. Beautiful. Great two loaf recipe to make and share! As a volunteer feild editor with Taste of Home magazine I love recipes that use simple ingredients and make them friend and family worthy gifts from my kitchen!
Aug 17, 2017
I am picky..but I gotta say..this is the best banana bread recipe I have ever had..my kids love it and my church group says it's simply divine and wants to know my secret..no way..haha
Jan 20, 2016
It was good but my family prefers the " The Best Ever Banana Bread" on his site even more!
Sep 7, 2015
This recipe is so good, it's the only one I will ever use. The only thing I changed was I use banana pudding instead of vanilla.I was given a case of bananas from our church and made countless loaves of this bread. The first several loaves were eaten as fast as I could get them out of the oven (college aged boys in the house) the rest we gave away or froze. This freezes beautifully and when thawed still tastes just like fresh!!!
Jun 27, 2015
Delish! Moist! Easy.
May 4, 2015
One of the very best banana breads ever. I made exactly as recipe states but added walnuts as suggested and it was very moist. I did make one large loaf and 4 mini (5X3) loaves. It's such a simple recipe--you don't even need to use the mixer. I see no reason that you couldn't half the recipe if you didn't have enough bananas. If I was making half a recipe I'd use 3 eggs and maybe increase the bananas some.
Mar 12, 2015
This is simply positively the best banana bread I have ever had
Sep 12, 2014
I make this banana bread when ever I need to use up bananas. It's my favorite.
Jan 30, 2014
The best banana bread I've ever made. Loved how moist it stayed. My daughter who doesn't like bananas cooked in anything loved this bread.
Oct 14, 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.