Raspberry Banana Bread
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
Makes2 loaves (12 slices each)
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, bananas, oil and water. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raspberries and walnuts.
- Pour into two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen raspberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
Nutrition FactsNutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 116 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 117 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 21, 2016
this was really yummy and moist I used fresh strawberries and pecans and served warm with fresh strawberries and whipped topping the top had a nice crunch to it I will definitely make again it was super easy
May 31, 2016
I had to substitute frozen strawberries for raspberries, but I cut them into small chunks, and the bread was delicious!
Jul 31, 2015
This was excellent! I made it gluten free by using rice flour. I will definitely be making it again. It was not only tasty but easy. I like that it was different from regular banana bread.
Nov 11, 2013
We both loved this recipe. Moist and very tasty.
Jun 18, 2013
Delicious! Very moist. Fresh raspberries worked great. I only have 1 bread pan, so I put the rest of the batter in a cupcake pan, but after it baked it seemed that it all may have fit in 1 pan for a taller bread, so I may try that next time.
Jul 11, 2012
Delicious and very easy to make. This bread came out moist and flavorful without being too sugary. I will most definitely make it again.
Mar 2, 2012
Add a soft boiled egg and you have a low cal breakfast.
Mar 13, 2011
This Bread is absolutely delicious! the raspberries give it an extra special flavor. Excellent recipe. I make this more than I do regular banana bread :)