Best Ever Banana Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours + cooling
Makes1 loaf (16 slices)
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups Sugar In The Raw
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Additional chopped walnuts, optional
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, bananas, oil, buttermilk and vanilla; add to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Fold in nuts.
- Pour into a greased or parchment-lined 9x5-in. loaf pan. If desired, sprinkle with additional walnuts. Bake at 325° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 255 calories, 12g fat (1g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 166mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Dec 6, 2019
turned out well
Nov 24, 2019
I love this banana bread. I make it exactly like it says and It comes out amazing everytime. I make it for every family gathering. They all love it. Thank you so much for sharing your recipe!
Aug 26, 2019
Absolutely scrumptious!! Fixed this today and the aroma filled the house. I plan on giving this as gifts for the holidays!!!
Jul 9, 2019
Perfect banana bread, just as written. However, due to health reasons I have successfully substituted coconut milk for the buttermilk, reduced the sugar to 1cup and reduced the oil to 1/4 cup by adding an extra banana. And just for personal taste and to look pretty, I like to sprinkle the walnuts (mixed with a bit of sugar) on the top of the bread just prior to baking.
May 25, 2019
CANT SEE THE ENTIRE RECIPE!:( :(
May 21, 2019
I was in a rush and wanted something quick for banana bread....I love this recipe! The bread was moist and delicious, super quick to mix! Just a note when I don’t have buttermilk I use milk w cider vinegar ( 1 cup milk to 1 tbs vinegar) it works just as well in a pinch!
May 7, 2019
I have made every banana bread you can think of and this is our family’s favorite. Thank you to the author. I also only use the recipe exactly as written people please don’t rate if you change it.
Apr 29, 2019
Hi I love this recipe I don't always have buttermilk so I use yoghurt and I freeze banana's when on special and slice them into the melted butter mix. And everyone loves it.
Mar 28, 2019
Just okay. It's your average banana bread.
Mar 27, 2019
I put it together in minutes so it is a quick way to use over-ripened bananas. I do like sugar so I added the recipe amount as well as topped it with Demerara Cane Sugar just so it looks pretty when baked. I did add craisins, raisins and pecans to the mixture as well.