Best Ever Banana Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours + cooling
Makes1 loaf (16 slices)
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Additional chopped walnuts, optional
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, bananas, oil, buttermilk and vanilla; add to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Fold in nuts.
- Pour into a greased or parchment-lined 9x5-in. loaf pan. If desired, sprinkle with additional walnuts. Bake at 325° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 255 calories, 12g fat (1g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 166mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Jan 20, 2020
Just as it says. "The Best Ever Banana Nut Bread". I have made this Nut Bread six times. Three times for friends and three for myself. I did, however, use, coconut, rum, and vanilla extract, ( one teaspoon each) and raw cane sugar instead of regular sugar. The very best I've ever had.
Jan 19, 2020
This was delicious. I made one with chocolate chips and the other with toasted walnuts.
Jan 13, 2020
This is now my go to recipe for banana bread! We made a loaf with chocolate chips and a loaf with walnuts. Excellent!!!
Dec 15, 2019
Love, love, love this recipe and was so easy to make. Moist and delicious. Gone in a couple of hours.
Dec 12, 2019
Just reading the recipe made my mouth water. This one delivered. So delicious and simple using staple pantry ingredients!
Dec 9, 2019
Awesome recipe, simple and delicious!!
Dec 6, 2019
turned out well
Nov 24, 2019
I love this banana bread. I make it exactly like it says and It comes out amazing everytime. I make it for every family gathering. They all love it. Thank you so much for sharing your recipe!
Aug 26, 2019
Absolutely scrumptious!! Fixed this today and the aroma filled the house. I plan on giving this as gifts for the holidays!!!
Jul 9, 2019
Perfect banana bread, just as written. However, due to health reasons I have successfully substituted coconut milk for the buttermilk, reduced the sugar to 1cup and reduced the oil to 1/4 cup by adding an extra banana. And just for personal taste and to look pretty, I like to sprinkle the walnuts (mixed with a bit of sugar) on the top of the bread just prior to baking.