Peanut Banana Bread
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
Makes2 loaves (12 slices each)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, stir the flour, brown sugar, peanut butter and cinnamon until crumbly; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened.
- Divide half of the batter between two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans; sprinkle with half of the topping. Top with chocolate chips. Repeat layers of batter and topping.
- Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat peanut butter is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 257 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 128mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Mar 29, 2020
This recipe is delicious! A family favorite and something we always enjoy.
Apr 9, 2019
I love this bread! It was a huge hit with my son also, and I'm making it again for a special breakfast treat for his birthday. Easy to make, moist, and delicious!! Can't go wrong with banana, chocolate, and peanut butter!
Jan 4, 2015
I love this bread. Very easy to make & full of flavor. I've made this many times & everyone loves it. Usually I double the recipe & use 1 regular sized bread pan then use the remaining batter in mini bread pans. Makes a nice gift & freezes well.
Nov 9, 2012
I made this last Thanksgiving. It's very good, but next time I will omit the chocolate chips.
Jul 31, 2012
I made these in a bundt pan using same amounts (maybe couple more ripe bananas) My bananas were VERY ripe. It came out wonderful. I think I will do a variation on an apple crisp this way.
Jan 5, 2012
This has to be one of my favorite bread recipes! I just love it!
Nov 9, 2011
Used banana flavoring instead of vanilla and used mini-chocolate chips and put into the batter. Made one loaf plus 6 muffins... was good the first day; but much bretter the 2nd! Also, did what a few others suggested and put the majority of the topping between the layers and covered the top and still had some left over.
Nov 6, 2011
I wonder if I did something wrong since everyone seems to like this so well . . . I halved the recipe to make only one loaf but otherwise made it exactly as specified. I cooked it for one hour and the toothpick came out clean. When I went to cut it, though, the entire inside was wet dough. I had to put it back in the oven and cooked it for another full 65 minutes just to get it to turn into bread! It was terrible! And then it didn't taste very awesome - very little banana or peanut butter flavor and extremely sweet. Maybe I should have tried muffins. I wouldn't make this one again - I would stick to the Cranberry Banana bread. Much better.
Nov 4, 2011
melt in you mouth delicious !
Sep 1, 2011
One of my favorite banana bread recipes and a hit with many family members and friends that I've served it to. The hint of cinnamon is very nice. The first time I tried this recipe, there seemed to be too much crumb topping that fell off when slicing so since then I've put about 3/4 of the topping in the middle of the loaf and left only 1/4 (or less) for the actual top.