For chocolate lovers, substitute chocolate cookie crumbs for the graham cracker crumbs and sprinkle with mini chocolate chips instead of chopped walnuts.—Marie Crumpacher, Creswell, Oregon
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/4 cup diced ripe banana
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped walnuts
- In a small saucepan, combine marshmallows and milk. Cook and stir over low heat until marshmallows are melted. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Fold in whipped cream. Add banana and vanilla. Spread crumbs in a 2-cup serving dish. Top with the banana mixture. Sprinkle with nuts. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 603 calories, 32g fat (16g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 246mg sodium, 76g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Banana Whip in Taste of Home April/May 1998