Brunch Banana Splits
My whole family loves bananas, fruit and granola for breakfast. I topped all that with yogurt, nuts and honey and called it a split. This is perfect to serve on a busy morning or a special one! —Nancy Heishman, Las Vegas, Nevada
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 small bananas, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 2 cups (16 ounces) fat-free vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 small peaches, sliced
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup granola without raisins
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons sunflower kernels
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Divide bananas among four shallow dishes. Top with remaining ingredients.
Health Tip: Yogurt’s combination of carbohydrate and protein helps give you long-lasting energy. It’s also a rich source of phosphorous, which is vital to energy production and storage.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 340 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 9g fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Yogurt Banana Split Breakfast in Simple & Delicious August/September 2016