Rocky Road Grilled Banana Splits
There's no wrong turn when you travel down this rocky road. Toasty-warm bananas filled with gooey goodness and topped with heaping scoops of (pause for drool) creamy perfection are a new cookout must-have. —Loretta Ouellette, Pompano Beach, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 medium firm bananas, unpeeled
- 1 dark chocolate candy bar with almonds (3-1/2 ounces)
- 3/4 cup miniature marshmallows, divided
- 1 quart rocky road ice cream
- Whipped cream in a can
- Place each banana on a 12-in. square of foil; crimp and shape foil around bananas so they sit flat.
- Cut each banana lengthwise about 1/2 in. deep, leaving 1/2 in. uncut at both ends. Gently pull each banana peel open, forming a pocket. Finely chop half of the candy bar. Fill pockets with chopped chocolate and 1/2 cup marshmallows.
- Grill bananas, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until marshmallows are melted and golden brown. Transfer each banana to a serving plate; top with scoops of ice cream. Break remaining chocolate into pieces. Sprinkle chocolate pieces and remaining marshmallows over tops. Garnish with whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without whipped cream): 589 calories, 25g fat (15g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 126mg sodium, 88g carbohydrate (69g sugars, 7g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Rocky Road Stuffed Baked Banana Splits in Simple & Delicious August/September 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.