Bananas Foster on the Grill
Bananas Foster is my husband's favorite dessert, and this is one of the easiest recipes I have found. Not only is it delicious, it's a great way to use those bananas that are a little too ripe to just peel and eat. —Rebecca Clark, Warrior, Alabama
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 small ripe bananas, unpeeled
- 9-inch disposable foil pie pan
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons hot caramel ice cream topping
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 8 vanilla wafers, crushed
- Trim ends and cut unpeeled bananas lengthwise; place on oiled grill rack over medium heat. Grill, covered, until peel is dark brown and bananas are softened, 3-4 minutes on each side. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a small cast-iron skillet or 9-in. disposable foil pie pan, combine butter, syrup and caramel topping; place on grill rack. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat until heated through, 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Remove peel from bananas; cut each half crosswise. To serve, place ice cream in dessert dishes; top with bananas. Drizzle with sauce; sprinkle with crushed wafers.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 386 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 187mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Grilled Banana Fosters in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.