Bananas Foster Baked French Toast
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 35 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, optional
- 3 large bananas, sliced
- 12 slices egg bread or challah (about 3/4 pound)
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place butter in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave, covered, until melted, 30-45 seconds. Stir in brown sugar, cream, cinnamon, allspice and, if desired, pecans. Add bananas; toss gently to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Arrange bread over top, trimming to fit as necessary.
- Place remaining ingredients in a blender; process just until blended. Pour over bread. Refrigerate, covered, 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Remove French toast from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 35-40 minutes. Let stand 5-10 minutes. Invert to serve.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 658 calories, 31g fat (17g saturated fat), 218mg cholesterol, 584mg sodium, 84g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 4g fiber), 14g protein.
Sep 5, 2019
This is so delicious. It is a sweeter breakfast, but it was very scrumptious.
Jan 29, 2019
This was yummy! I did make one change because I didn't have heavy cream on hand. So I used 2% milk. It still baked up nicely. But my nutritional percentages are quite different. 1 piece: 426 calories, 23g fat (11g saturated fat) 138mg Cholesterol, 262mg Sodium, 52g Carbohydrate, 8g Protein.
May 20, 2018
Delicious! Made it for Mother’s Day and everyone loved it! Great flavor, will definitely make again.
Apr 28, 2018
Flavor was excellent but it was still to runny,even though my oven runs hot. So it needed more like 50-60 but I will make this again
Apr 18, 2017
i took this to a pot luck and everyone loved it. it is wassy and yummy
Mar 9, 2017
Just made this this morning for my office mates and they loved it!
Feb 25, 2017
This recipe was deceptively easy and turned out beautifully. It would be a great brunch dish for company!
Jan 30, 2017
This was good. I cut the recipe in half and used a smaller baking dish. I buttered and floured the baking dish and had no trouble removing it.
Apr 30, 2016
I haven't tried this yet but I'm plannng on making soon. Tooall you ladies who said it stuck to the pan it does say to grease the pan !!!
Mar 14, 2016
Just OK. I followed the recipe exactly, but the bananas came out dark so the entire look was not very appetizing, and the taste was just so-so. I expected something caramelized, sweet and gooey, but this was just not delicious enough to waste my precious calories on.