Cinnamon Blueberry French Toast
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Cook: 3 hours
- 3 large Eggland's Best eggs
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 9 cups cubed French bread (about 9 ounces)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- Maple syrup
- Whisk together first six ingredients. Layer half of the bread in a greased 5-qt. slow cooker; top with 1/2 cup blueberries and half of the milk mixture. Repeat layers. Refrigerate, covered, 4 hours or overnight.
- Cook, covered, on low until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 3-4 hours. Serve warm with syrup.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 265 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 430mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 7, 2019
We all enjoyed this. Made 1 1/3 recipes in a 7 quart slow cooker. Made 2/3 of a recipe in a 4 quart slow cooker with almond milk. It was a bit souper than the one made with 2% milk, but my son at all of it so it must have been pretty good!
May 15, 2018
So easy to assemble the night before. Loved the flavors. My only complaint was having to get up early to turn on the slow cooker so breakfast would be ready on time.
May 14, 2017
Comes together quickly and is really tasty. We really liked the taste of blueberries in the slow cooker. I do recommend greasing your slow cooker very well, as we did have a bit stick to the sides and bottom.
May 6, 2017
I used whole wheat bread in place of the French bread. This was a great change from our normal breakfast routine. Great flavor and easy to make. Definitely what I need for busy mornings.