Cinnamon-Apple French Toast
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 1 hour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 3 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 12 slices day-old French bread (1 inch thick)
- 6 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, butter and 1 teaspoon cinnamon; pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with apples and cranberries. Arrange bread slices over fruit. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, milk, vanilla and remaining cinnamon; pour over bread. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove French toast from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, covered, 40 minutes. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes longer or until golden brown and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving. To serve, invert onto a serving platter.
Feb 13, 2017
I love this French toast recipe because you can prepare it the night before and refrigerate it. Then just pop it in the oven in the morning. The recipe went together quickly. I used Granny Smith apples and I used a thin baguette for the French bread A slightly tricky part is turning the dish out onto a platter (yes, I used my turkey platter - LOL). This is where helpful husbands come in handy. This recipe is awesome. I can promise you that we will have this winner again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.