Strawberry-Banana French Toast
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 30 min.
- 10 to 12 slices day-old French bread (1 inch thick)
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 4 firm bananas, sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie or apple pie spice
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon-sugar
- Place bread slices in a large shallow baking dish. Combine eggs, milk, vanilla and baking powder; pour over bread. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. In a bowl, combine the strawberries, bananas, sugar and pie spice; pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Arrange prepared bread on top. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 345 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 136mg cholesterol, 238mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (49g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Apr 16, 2012
This is soooo good! We used wheat french bread and a 1 lb container of fresh strawberries. We didn't have any pumpkin pie spice home, so we used a combination of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, & allspice.~ Theresa
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.